Why Choose this Training Course?
Safety is not the prerogative of the safety specialist. Safety is one of the component parts in every management discipline. An office manager is no less responsible for the safety of his team than the construction manager. The law and company policy applies equally to both. This AZTech Certified Health & Safety training course will not turn delegates into safety experts but it will give them the appreciation of what safety issues are about and the methods available to them to ensure that safety is implemented in their own workplaces. Managers will be able to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
This training course will feature:
- The reasons for Managing safely
- Responsibilities and Accountabilities of managers
- Workplace precaution hierarchies
- Risk assessments
- Incident Investigation
- The component parts of a recognised Safety Management System
- Performance measuring
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how to control risk
- Understand their own responsibilities and acountabilities
- Calculate and assess risks
- Appreciate the components of a Safety Management System
- Determine Health & Safety performance
Who is this Training Course for?
Safety is one of the component parts in every management discipline. As such this course is not only suitable for HSE personnel but also to a wide range of professionals such as:
- HSE personnel
- Office Managers
- Managers of the production process
- Engineers in maintenance
- Team Leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course is presented face to face and will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course is presented with superb power point and animated graphic presentations. Quizzes and videos keep the delegates active and fully involved, on the ball and never bored. It is a practical program with easy guidance and a sharp business aim. Delegates will be enthusiastic and involved and ready to go back to implement the methods learnt on going back to work.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction and Assessing Risks
- Introduction and course overview
- The key reasons for managing safely
- Your role in influencing Managing safely
- Definitions of the terms ‘hazard’, ‘hazardous event’ and ‘risk’
- The risk assessment process
- Risk assessment
Day Two: Controlling Risks, Understanding Responsibilities & SMS
- How to reduce Risks
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Hazard spotting activity and consequences
- Civil Law & Criminal Law
- SMS - Safety Management Systems
- Mock Assessment 1
Day Three: Identifying Hazards
- Common Hazards
- Identifying the Hazards
- Hazards – Mechanical, Physical, Chemical, Biological, Environmental, and Organisational
- Common Hazards in the workplace, their effects and how to manage them
- Put risk control into practice
- Mock Assessment 2
Day Four: Investigating Incidents
- The reasons for investigating incidents
- How incidents occur
- Causes & consequences
- Benefits of investigations
- Mock Assessment 3
Day Five: Measuring Performance & Final Assessment
- What performance measuring is about
- How do you measure health & safety Performance?
- Revision & briefing on practical assessment
- Final Assessment
- Course evaluation
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- IOSH Certificate will be provided to delegates who pass both the on-demand Final Assessment and a Risk Assessment Project
- The Final Assessment is undertaken on the last day of the course and consists of a multi-format assessment with (duration 1 hour)
- The risk assessment project must be completed within two weeks of finishing the course.
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the Chartered body for health and safety professionals and they’re the biggest professional health and safety organisation in the world. As a licensed Training Provider, AZTech is accredited to run IOSH ‘Managing Safely’ course (version 5.0).